Contact us about your own custom build just like this one!
Building the CB350f was perhaps one of my favorite projects to date. Most motors of this displacement, especially today, are either singles or twins. Being an inline 4, there is an understated complexity to its design, which I felt was an excellent counterpoint to the simplicity of the rest of the bike.
The goal was to keep everything other than the motor as simple and understated as possible. This meant swapping out the front wheel with a cb350 twin front hub, eliminating the front disc brake. This allowed for less components up front, and similar stopping power for the now lightened machine. With a weight savings of 50Lbs, and a properly rebuilt motor, the rider immediately feels the agile nature of the bike, accompanied by the vastly improved engine performance.
There have also been geometry improvements to the bike. The front end has been slightly lowered, making a small change to the overall stance. The end result has translated to a bike that rides much different than most mass produced motorcycles today. The lightweight nature allows for respectable power to weight ratio, and the steering feels quite nimble.
This list of improvements goes on and on, but it's this careful attention to every component that allowed for a stellar end result. It was a sad day seeing this one go.
• Powerarc digital ignition and high output coils
• Full engine rebuild, including 3mm overbore, decked, new valves, guides, and mild porting.
• Rebuilt factory carbs
• Custom wire harness, ricks motorsports electrics rectifier regulator, and antigravity 4 cell battery
• New fork stanchions, clip on handlebars, grips, and controls
• Tarozzi fork brace
• Drag specialties 5.5" bottom mount headlight
• Cb350 twin front drum
• Dime city cycles fully indexable rearsets, custom linkage
• Mac 4 into 1 exhaust
• Ttr400 exhaust clamps and axle adjusters
• Randakk's oil filter adapter
• Avon roadrider am26 90/90 18 front tire, and 100/90 18 rear tire
• Hagon 12.2" eye to clevis rear shocks
• Cognito moto billet triple top clamp